Monday, March 29, 2021

For the Environment

2015, was somehow special for me. 

I remember well the year before. At my current work as audio engineer, our boss gave us the opportunity to have tai-chi lessons twice per week. I was also doing special meditative exercises, called standing like a tree almost every day, before going to bed. 

Standing like a tree itself is pretty simple, you just stand upright, stepping shoulder-width apart with bent knees, raising hands in a kind of "hug-the-tree" posture, and try to remain still there for a while.

My bedroom window was looking at a green space with some trees outside, nothing real big, just bushy green friends that made me feel in the wild during the exrcise. My daughter used to play around them as a little kid, and I have grown fond of them with time...

Our witty landlord, however was looking for a change. For some time now, he was sharing with us his gargantuan dream of building this new "luxus" building, just a meter away from our bedroom window. It was all absurd, but for someone who would simply lust for money above all. And he finally erected some metal pillars to reserve and mark the space for his new luxus jail.

So I was staying like a tree one evening, close before Christmas, looking at my familiar hairy friends, waving friendly branches on the wind, inside the pillar space and I felt sad. My meditation focused on a single wish: "Please let these bushy little greens survive the greed of man..."

End well, my wish was heard, as in the coming 2015 in Switzerland a new law was accepted that forbids close standing buildings. I was truly happy at this law. 

(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Load Ubuntu on your Locked Dell Latitude 7490

This article is about getting my friend's laptop free from Windows and loading it with Ubuntu :) In case you have a Dell Laptop with pas...